What a rough couple of weeks. The past two weeks have been really tiring. We are getting over some sickness at the house. It seems like once someone gets over something, some one else gets something. In fact, I didn’t sleep well last night at all. I don’t know if it was dinner or if I am catching something. Misty was sick a little bit earlier this week. I hope I didn’t catch anything. So, that explains why I haven’t been posting a lot here lately. Just wore out from the last two weeks. Hopefully next week will be better. Misty and I are going with some friends to see the Southeast Easter Pageant on my birthday on Tuesday. Their Pageant is one of the best productions I have ever seen. We went about three years ago when Colby was just a newborn. We watched from the cry room as we didn’t get anybody to watch him for us and childcare was not available. This year, we have someone to watch the kids for us so we can watch from our seats.
Some facts and figures from the pageant
- One of the largest church productions in the nation
- One of the largest drama productions in the state of Kentucky
- Over 600,000 people have attended the production in the past ten years.
- 1,500 volunteers each year
- Rehearsals start in the beginning of November and do not cease until the end of the run.
- Two choirs participate, one backstage and one on stage.
- We have a large and diverse cast, including camels, horses, sheep, doves, goats, and donkeys!
- The stage set is 200 feet wide with rotating center platform with the sanctuary of Southeast transformed into a cityscape of long ago.
Pretty impressive. They are going to take a year off next year to revamp the whole thing from top to bottom so it should be even better in 2008.
Oh well til next week.